Teknosistem Plaster Mortar is a cement-based, fine grained and high-performing flexible mortar with polymer addition and high stability, prepared specifically for EPS thermal insulation boards.
It is used for applying plaster on EPS thermal insulation boards on interior and exterior walls of all kinds of buildings.
- The application surface and boards should be cleaned of dust, grease, tar, bitumen, paint, silicone, curing material, detergent and moulding oils that prevent adhesion.
- The boards to be plastered should be durable and placed securely, and the gaps between them should be filled with polyurethane foam or with the same material.
- 25 kg Teknosistem Plaster Mortar (fine) is added in the quantity of fresh water stated in the technical specifications table, and mixed with a preferably low-speed mixer until there is no lump left.
- The prepared mortar is dried and matured for 5-10 minutes, and remixed 1-2 minutes before starting application.
- The prepared mortar should be consumed within 3 hours. Mortar should not be used after expiry of usage period.
- The 1st layer of plaster with a thickness of approximately 2 mm is applied smoothly on EPS thermal insulation boards with a steel trowel at least 24 hours after application of wall plugs on the boards.
- Teknosistem Glass-Fiber Mesh is embedded into the mortar by pressing from top to bottom and stretching when the applied mortar is still wet. The surface is humidified after approximately 6 hours, the mesh is covered with the 2nd layer of plaster (with a thickness of approximately 2 mm), and the surface is flattened with a steel trowel.
- Glass-fiber meshes are overlapped for 10 cm in joints in order to prevent cracks.
- It is required to wait for 2-3 days before painting according to weather conditions and application thickness.
- If the air temperature is high after completion of the application, the surface should be humidified until the cement is stiffened. >
- Application should be avoided at temperatures below +5 OC and above +35 OC.
- Application should be avoided in areas that are frozen, have the risk of freezing within 24 hours, or are directly exposed to sun and wind.
- Application should not be performed and protective measures should be taken if snow or severe cold is expected within one week until the cement is stiffened after the application.
- No powder and water should be added to mortar after expiry of usage period.
- Attention should be paid not to use boards that have exposed to sunlight for a long time and lose their quality.
- The values above are valid for a temperature of +23 OC and relative humidity of 50%.
25 kg kraft bag
They can be stored for 12 months by being stacked maximum 10 layers of unopened packages on palette in dry environment.